Guest & House

Beds and Breakfasts - Villa Rental

               Sea, Nature, Well-being

        Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Massages

   Bed and Breakfast
Superior Family Suite
       Villa rental

Villa "La Licorne"

en Provence

 

Prestige wine estates of the Bouches du Rhône & Var

 

 

"The bee has no sweeter honey, it shines like a limpid diamond and smells of rosemary, heather and myrtle that cover our hills"

Frédéric Mistal about Cassis wine in "Calendal".

When the wine is drawn, it should be drunk,

especially if it is good!

"Marcel Pagnol"

The discovery of many amphorae attests to a very old vine culture in Provence, 2600 years ago, when the Phocaeans founded Marseille.
They introduce for the first time: the vine. Historically, Provence is therefore the very first vineyard in France.
The climate is favorable there with favorable sunshine, dry winds like the Mistral, poor soils which drain rain water well, 
while being rich in minerals which give its character to each of the terroirs of Provence. Traditionally dominated by rosé, wine production tends to diversify. Winemakers stand out and offer great quality red and white wines for tasting.
Near Villa La Licorne the Wines of Sainte-Victoire

Domaine Terre de Mistral

Located in the Arc Valley, not far from Aix-en-Provence and facing the mythical Sainte-Victoire mountain rising up like a picture, this wine and olive oil producing estate benefits from a situation privileged geographical location: generous sunshine, mistral, microclimate, limestone massifs on the hillsides and red and clay soil in the plains. This characteristic terroir produces very fruity wines, appreciated for their finesse and complexity, as well as olive oils with surprising and varied aromas.

 

Agriculture Raisonnée

Rousset     4.35 miles - 10 mins

Château de la Galinière

 

The grapes harvested at night are sent to the winery of the estate where they are worked using advanced techniques.

 

Agriculture Biologique

Châteauneuf-le-Rouge     5.59 miles 16 mins          

Mas de Cadenet

The Mas de Cadenet estate is renowned for these rosé wines. One of the characteristics of the area is the desire to work the land as naturally as possible. This is why they turned to organic farming. This approach makes it possible to create cuvées with an authentic and assertive style. In fact, everything is determined by the condition of the soil, the vines and the weather.

 

Agriculture Biologique

Trets     6.21 miles 

The French are so proud of their wines that they have given some of their cities the name of a grand cru. "Oscar Wilde"

Cassis wines

19.26 miles - 30 mins

12 AOC Cassis vineyards

 

The appellation "Vin de Cassis" dates from 1936, 
it is the oldest terroir in the region. Limited to only 180 hectares, 12 special cellars
produce an excellent dry,
fruity and delicate white wine. It represents 80% of the harvest, the remaining 20% ​​
is divided into red and rosé.

32.31 miles 

Bandol wines

        (département du VAR)

 

The prestigious appellation "Vin de Bandol" brings together 53 independent operators located in the neighboring municipalities of Bandol: Le Castellet,

La Cadière d'Azur, in Saint Cyr, and Le Beausset.

Bandal Wine House - OENOTHEQUE

 

Bandol is located in the hills between La Ciotat and Toulon in front of the Mediterranean Sea.

Bandol is one of the oldest vineyards in France. The first vine was planted 2,500 years ago 
by the Romans. Close to the Port of Marseille and because of the particular characteristics of its full-bodied wine,
bottles of Bandol wine were found two centuries ago on the tables in India or Brazil! The Mourvèdre grape is the basis of all Bandol wines. Mourvèdre gives the wine a spicy body and taste. Bandol is undoubtedly one of the best red wines of Provence!

Villa la Licorne

Chemin de la Pouzzaraque -

Cros de Claudas

13720 BELCODENE

FRANCE

villalalicorne@gmail.com

+33 6 59 88 86 93